Thursday, June 23, 2011

Excerpt Something in the Blood I


Out on the open road I realized I didn't know the exact way back to the city. I couldn't rely on asking Karla because she was so drunk I'm not sure she'd know her own name if I asked her, much less remember directions.

After driving for about twenty minutes, the road was dark and I knew I'd taken a wrong turn somewhere. I opened my cell and it wasn't detecting any service way out here. Suddenly I felt a thump and it got louder as we continued down the road. When the car started to steer violently to the left, I knew it was a flat tire. I'd never changed a tire in my life and I wasn't even sure if there was a jack in the back or even a spare, I had never checked.

I had no choice but to pull over to the side of the road. I decided I'd better get out and check for a spare and a jack and do my best to try and change the flat tire. How hard could it be? I opened the trunk and felt around for something, anything I could use.

I saw car lights in the distance. I was hoping maybe somebody could assist us with changing the tire. Maybe a kind elderly couple or something, I was hoping. The car pulled up beside us and my heart sank, two burly looking guys and the driver had an evil smile on his face.

“Hey, Baby, need some help?”

“That's OK, I think I can handle this by myself. But thanks anyway.” I was hoping by sounding sweet they'd just take off. I didn't want my tone to piss them off.

“Come on, Baby. I can help you out, don't play hard to get.”

I didn't like the tone of his voice at all. I backed up as the driver got out of the car and came towards me. The more I stepped back, the closer he tried to come.

The passenger was shinning a flashlight in the front seat of the Mustang. “Well look what we have here, another little cutie. We could have us a party.”

I was beginning to get scared now. I knew they weren't up to any good and I seriously doubted they were here to help us.

“You guys can go, thanks anyway, we'll be fine.” I hoped I could brush them off.

The flashlight guy opened the door where Karla was sitting. He reached in and grabbed her. I started towards her when the other guy grabbed me from behind.

“Relax, your friend will be just fine. We just plan on having a little fun is all. Don't get excited.”

I was crying and pleading to leave us alone when he placed his hand over my mouth. I could see Karla was fully awake now, on the ground where the other guy was trying to unbutton her shirt.

I thought to myself, this is it. We're in real trouble now. Why oh why did I let Karla talk me into going to that stupid party.

I closed my eyes so as not to see what would happen next when I heard another car approaching. Thank God I thought to myself.

“We better get out of here. Come on.” Flashlight guy was heading for the car.

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice say: “What's the hurry boys? No need to leave on my account.”

No comments:

Post a Comment